Uniquely Singapore!

January 6-7, 2008 It was a last minute arrangement that I had to go to Singapore over the weekend. Even though it was only a 2-days-1-night thing, but the fact that I didn’t know anyone else from the delegation had made me really nervous, as my worst traveling nightmare would be arriving at an unfamiliar place without anyone waiting for me at the airport. So I’d requested to have the same flight arrangement as the head of the delegation, so bolehlah tumpang-tumpang whatever VIP treatment that he’s getting...hehehe! Actually Singapore was not really a distant place for me, as my father was born and bred there. As a child, I had been there a couple of times before, but that was about 20 years back, long before they got Sentosa Island and all. But we still have some relatives living there. I was the most junior in the lot; even the secretariat lady possesses a slightly higher grade than my immediate boss at the office. However, all of them were very nice and I had no trouble at all mixing with them. As this was a working visit, (very short one pulak tu), the schedule was very tight. So I didn’t really have the chance for shopping or jalan-jalan sangat even as our hotel was surrounded by shopping malls! But we really ate a lot – since the arrival until departing back to Kuala Lumpur. Paling kelakar bila tengok menu, roti canai pun been translated into English! All in all, it was a short and sweet trip, even though I had not really been experiencing the true Singapore that made it dubbed as unique!!

Comments