My Pre-Bedtime Ritual


I’m one of those people who never have trouble sleeping. Once I hit the pillow, I could almost immediately drift into dreamland. I can sleep literally anywhere – and this was proven when I went for my army training course where there was this night when we had to stay in the jungle for ambush.

Armed with the peluru kapur-loaded M16, we had to stay still in this meniarap position for a couple of hours until the ‘enemy’ appears. We were not allowed to make any noise and move. Time seemed to move slower when you had nothing to do!! Kalau macam nie punya boring + gelap, bukan setakat mati kutu, gajah pun boleh mati!! Just after a few minutes of pandang keliling and kekecewaan because I didn’t see anything ‘paranormal’ – I put my head on the hard-cold metal (M16- mind you!) and dozed off almost immediately!

It was somewhat amazing that I could sleep so soundly on the hard-swamped ground with endless possibilities of those slimy creatures would crawl up to my body! If I’m really sleepy, I can even sleep in the noisiest and brightest place! Even while watching the AF final, Juara Lagu dan yang sewaktu dengannya!!

So, this pre-bedtime ritual that I recently adopt is not because I’m having trouble sleeping or what- it is just a simple routine that make me (for now!) feel good about myself and also make me waiting for my bedtime with anticipation!!

The ritual was not entirely new but with a few additions here and there as age is catching up (gosh!). Here is my step-by step ritual:


1. Brew my herbal tea for 30 mins


2. While waiting for the tea to be ready, I exfoliate my skin (with the hope to get crystal clear skin).


3. Take a cold/hot shower (depending on the weather)


4. Put on night cream (anti-ageing!!)


5. Have my cup of herbal tea


6. Slather my body with a hydrating lotion that smells so good!


7. What else....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Comments

adzsha said…
I have the same problem too..shld i call it a problem or advantage? hehehe..dlm truck 3 tonne pun bole tido ni plak dlm gelap, even pun dlm hutan..truly once in a lifetime experience..ur writings are great, ur blog is definitely gonna be among my fav reads..
Anonymous said…
hehe.. yup.. akak masih ingat awak!!