Scary Story..agaknyer lah!

I consider myself as a relatively brave person. I’m not afraid of snake, cockroach and at home I’m the one who do all the ‘dirty and cruel stuff’- mengemas tempat-tempat yang susceptible to have those scary little creatures with expertise in membunuh lipas, lipan dan haiwan yang sewaktu dengannya.

I’m also not afraid of flying (I happened to know someone who is so macho and garang outside, tapi…..hehehe) and not so afraid of height –(to those who still remember the way I did my repelling during BTN and Bomba, FYI, I wasn’t really afraid, berhati-hati jer! =))

Occasionally I would challenge myself by watching horror movie, just to know whether it can scare me. BTW, I’ve concluded that none of the omputih horror movies (so far) could scare me. In fact, it was kinda funny to see how hard they tried to make the scene frightening. Why didn’t the filmmaker just apply the concept of “less is more” in such movies as well? Didn’t they know that scary/ghost movies don’t need the red-eyed-full of blister face-monster all the time? Sometimes the combination of the eerie-sound is just enough to scare the audience. Or better, these westerners should just concentrate on making comedy-thriller like ‘The Frighteners’ or ‘Beetlejuice’ that were just awesome! Leave this thriller thing to us- the Asian! Hehehehe

However, I will try my very best to avoid being in the water (read: swimming) and dark-enclosed space (sewage training during Bomba). I’m not water-phobic, I enjoy cruising, kayaking etc. – but I dare not be in the water,
don’t know why though…

However, a few days ago I found myself in this very scary situation.

I had to attend a workshop at this 3-stars hotel in KL. After a miserable check-in process, I bumped into a couple of friends and had a brief chat with them. Then I hurriedly headed to the lift. An elderly woman was already in there. A man entered the lift just in time before the door closed. “Nasib baik tak tersepit kat pintu!”, I told myself.

I was the first one to reach my floor. As I walked out of the lift, I noticed that the hallway was looong and quiet- sort of eerie. Just as I made my turn to get to my room, I heard somebody calling, “Cik! Cik!” It was male voice.

I was startled upon hearing the voice as I was damn sure that I was the only person at the hallway. I stopped and turned around, there was this man standing just behind me. This was the guy from the lift. I looked at him, giving an annoyed look-without saying anything.

He somehow despite of my stern look, dared to speak to me. The conversation was more or less like this……….

“Cik attend kursus ke?

Thinking that perhaps he was one of the participants who might be at lost as the secretariat was nowhere to bee seen at the lobby, I answered “Yes.”

“Kursus apa ye?”

“This is weird,” I said to myself. So I just answer him by saying it was organized by the place that I am working. I didn’t give him the specific.

Then he extended his hand towards me-to shake hands. “My name is ****”

It was not even a real name and I was confused. I kept telling myself to think..think. So I decided to bersalam juga - cautiously. That was merely because I didn’t know this guy or his intention. And I had watched CSI long enough to know that it is better not make a psychopath angry, unhappy etc –
(even if I didn’t imply that this person was one though).

Perhaps looking at my confused face, he offered an explanation which didn’t make things better.

It turned out that he was trying to get to know me. (“Duh!”) He said that he had noticed me since I was at the lobby (So why don’t ya just say hello there?!). This guy must be very brave, despite of my annoyed-garang look he wanted to meet me up over dinner. I still maintain my “don’t poke the psycho” manner and answered him coldly and walked away.

Only when I finally got into my room that I noticed that my heart was pounding frantically. Yes, I was afraid, frightened, you name it.

I locked, double locked the door and quickly scouted around the room. Usually I did that to check out the bed and facilities in the room. But this time my intention was to make sure that there was nobody else in the room. Yes, it sounded paranoia but at least it made me feel little bit better.

Actually, the reason felt so scared was not because of the guy entirely - he looked quite decent, but who knows right? But I wonder how could I didn’t notice that he walked out from the lift with me? How could I walk for a good few minutes without noticing that he was following me all this while?
Memang scary………

So girls, whenever you're staying at the hotel, please be wary when ever you walk to your room. This possible danger never occured to me before even if I had been to maaany hotels before- be it in and outside the country. If possible have a company. And guys, the hotel hallway is definitely NOT a place to strike a conversation with a stranger! You can mingle at the lobby, during dinner at the café, but not in front of a person’s room-It’s just inappropriate, social faux-pas even!

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey cousin :D

where was i all this while? never knew ur already venture into this blogspot thing :D aku pun takdok blog. im stuck in front of pc only about 15 hrs a day average (jer)...tak sempat, belum ade 'panggilan' lagi utk buat blog :) anyhow, luv your writings, sungguh aku rasa boleh layan sambil buat design.

regarding this scary movie thingy. the only orang putih movie yang mcm ade unsur2 takot sket, was 'sixth sense'...(itupun sbb that ever talented M. Night Syamalan yang tulis cerita tuh, if not..hampeh jgk la :P)

ok anyway, wah laku kazen aku nih, sampai ade peminat ikut nak berkenalan, walaupun aku suka ber fanclub2 nih, dan kejar artis is nothing new to me! :D tak penah lak ikut owg sampai ke bilik..freaky. hehehe amacm? so dinner la dgn 'dia'?

hmm..panjang sgt ke komen nih?
Nadym said…
Woit kazen! Setuju, Sixth Sense best sbb director die Indian=Asian kot! Hehehehe.... Aku venture into blog thing nie pun coz kureng sket kerje kat office since nak/after election itu ari.. We'll see how thing goes with the new minister ler..good day, dear!
Anonymous said…
nadeem..that is really scary.wonder how he thought of doing such a thing.eee.creepy..u were brave enough to shake his hand though..
Nadym said…
Kuna, I had to.. Some people might say I was over reacted towards the whole situation, but we should never take our safety for granted, right?
adzsha said…
giler la, kena ngorat cam tue..turn off sangat..with everything happening in the world today we can never take things for granted eh..

saya nad***a ka**r***n minta kebenaran utk turun tuan!! (bukan kebenaran mendarat okeh)hehehe..kalo dialog akhtar lg hancus..