The Fact of Being Young, Single and Independent..


I have been ‘in-and-out’ of relationships for a couple of times now, but this time around, I’m glad to report here that I couldn’t feel any better!

It’s not that I’d been in a bad relationship or what, it’s just now I’m getting more confident in what I want in a relationship and to what extent that I can tolerate with the differences.

Of course I got my share of heart breaks and all, but now that I’m older and hopefully wiser (!) I think being caught up in a relationship(s) that doesn’t work is actually an opportunity for us to discover what we actually want and expect in a relationship. It is sort of preparation for us to have a better relationship in the future.

Tom Robbins, an American novelist
describes these relationship issues beautifully as follows:

“When we are in complete, we’re always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after being in a relationship and we still find that we’re still unfulfilled, we move to another relationship until we came into realization that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we ourselves are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it with us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure in every relationship that we enter”

Nah, that explains that I don’t deter couple hood. So until I’ll be in one (hopefully soon), for now, I resolve to live my life the way it is and celebrate the fact of being young, single and independent’. (Yelah…I'm not so young anymore…sob..sob..sob)

Comments

adzsha said…
liberalization....