Balik Kampung

Antara nikmat dunia Malaysia yang tak pernah aku rasai is nikmat balik kampung especially during Hari Raya.

Even if my Mom and Dad hailed from the South, my grandparents (from both sides pulak tu) had resided in Kuala Lumpur later on in their lives, which resulted in me/us being kampung-less.

So the closest thing to kemeriahan Hari Raya that I could get is by watching all those video clip Raya that typically contain images of children bermain bunga api di laman rumah yang sangat meriah dengan pelita dan lampu kelap-kelip, anak dara tengah menggantung langsir, anak bujang kacau dodol, mak dan nenek memasak kat pangkin. Watching all this always put me in self pity “Meriahnya Raya diaorang…”

So lagu Sudirman “Balik Kampung” tu sangatlah tak relevannya with my Raya. Sedihya…sob..sob..sob. Perhaps (if I ever) get married, I’ll get to experience that too…hehehe.

But luckily I still got the opportunity to merasai kehidupan di kampung di umur2 begini even if not during Raya pun. Antaranya masa penempatan kampung. I still remember the excitement menyapu laman rumah yang sangat luas, siap ada pokok rambutan, then bakar daun-daun kering tu, (kat KL mana boleh open burning macam tu, kan?), ronda-ronda naik motor, halau ayam masuk reban, etc.

Then after that, there were a few occasions that required me to go to kampung juga (even if it were for official purpose). I went to one in Tuaran, Sabah and one in Selangor recently.

Despite the long journey and the bumpy roads, I was so thrilled with experience-everytime. I really love the warmth of the people, unbeatable hospitality, yummy food (think: minum air kelapa bakar tengah2 panas hari, makan fresh seafood) and if I'm really lucky, I got picturesque view of the green paddy field for the background. It was so refreshing and……..amazing as well!

We were entertained with cultural dance as well!

So I hope all the good things at the kampung will last (well, if I can say) forever. I wish that the modernization will not affect the special qualities and traits of the kampung and the people as well. Whilst it’s unfair to deny them access to modern facilities and all, but kampung will not be kampung anymore if it replicates the city, exactly. So I guess sustainable development is the key. Let all the modern buldings, factories etc. be built at the small town nearby, but not in the kampung itself to preserve the uniqueness of kampung that I for one, really adore!

Comments

adzsha said…
aku yg tiap2 thn balik kampung pun masih beraya di depan tv jer..mcm mana tue..
adzsha said…
jahat nya aku dulu ckp ko poyo sbb wat nota exam kemas giler..hehehe..
Nadym said…
Lin, tu namanya over dose nikmat raya kampung hehehe..

Nasib baik pastu aku kenal dgn korang, pastu tak buat nota dah, join study group terus dalam posisi ambush!!(Study ke? Hehehehe)
adzsha said…
ambush yg mengadap musuh face to face..apakah??
~Je~ said…
u should come to my house la nadeem...

citer ambush mengambush ni tak melibatkan aku... huhuhu
adzsha said…
pegi rumah raject best!!huhu..tapi takde la cam kampung pun..

raject:ko mmg tiada dlm citer ambush itu..huhu
Nadym said…
Raject - Nak gak gi Ghanu nih.. Citer ambush tu utk budak2 kelas detention jer..hikhikhik..ko budak baik time DPA hehehe
~Je~ said…
Nadeem: Datanglah sebelum terlambat...hehehhe

Korang: Aku budak baik sampai sekarang...(boleh percaya ke ayat penyata ni?kompius aku...) hahahaha... Masa dok hostel dulu, aku belajar buat jahat tapi nampak baik... huhuhuhu... o ye, jahat=nakal ye...