Something to Call My Own


I bought my first real jewellery last Sunday. It wasn’t really expensive, but the fact that I got it using my own money, the satisfaction is priceless!! Just like in the bank ad.

Even if I love accessorizing, I’m not really a fan of this real jewellery thing as I think it portrays the image of a much 'mature' woman, especially those thick golden bracelet, necklace dan yang seumpama dengannya.

Another factor that I don’t really fancy those as much is due to my clumsy nature (or I would call it a gold curse). I’m prone of losing the real jewellery, so far I’d lost a gold anklet, ring, earring and only God know how many times I’d been panicking over the misplaced stuff. It was not stolen, I just lost it.

So this resulted in my hands being ‘bare’ and my Mom always had to ask me to wear some of hers for weddings, so that err… actually why do women are sort of expected to wear their finest jewelllery during wedding? It’s somewhat an unwritten rule, which I suspected not for a good cause and I really against...

However there were other people too that noticed my ‘bare’ hands and had been very generous to give me a thick gold bracelet (alamak!) as a gift (?) Anyway, it had been with me only for a couple of months, I had returned back.

Fast forward to Sunday, I didn’t plan to buy one. I just browsed through the rows and rows of the glittering thing simply as a feast for my eyes. Then saw this particular ring and I asked that kakak to take it out for me to try.

Somehow glitters had blinded my eyes (and perhaps mind as well)! Within a few minutes, the ring and the money changed hands-it was a super impulsive buy. My money management is soo bad!

But it was amazing how a little metal band like that could instantly lift up the look of my stubby and unattractive finger. Now I can’t take my eyes off it…

Comments

@nannoor said…
hey, u deserved to be rewarded setelah penat bekerja. baguslah sebab beli sendiri. I never buy jewellery myself, bukan suka sgt pakai barang kemas pun. tapi itu dulu lah. hehe
bile nak merisik/bertunang/kawin dulu, sgt excited sbb boleh pilih cincin/brg kemas sendiri. tapi bukan sendiri bayar pun.
now, still the same old me, not the type of person yg sarat dgn brg kemas. cukuplah cincin kawen aje di pakai hari2 ke ofis. kalau ke kenduri baru meriah sikit, tmbah cincin tunang & gelang kawen.
heh.. =)
~Je~ said…
mak aku pakse aku beli...taktiknya:dia pegi kedai emas dgn kakak aku, dan beli satu gelang dan pakat dgn org kedai tu nanti pasti aku akan hantar balik sbb aku tak berkenan, syaratnya aku kena tukar dgn barang kemas lain... menci I tau...kena paksa beli barang kemas ni... aku bayar balik la duit mak aku tu... teruk la diorang nih...
Nadym said…
Nannoor - you're one lucky woman..hehehe. Takpe kalau aku kahwin nanti baru demand diamond ke, tiffany's ke hehehe..(statement bunuh diri sendiri nih!)

Raject - wah siap kena ada konspirasi tue nak suruh ko beli brg kemas..nasib baik mak ko xpkai taktik gores dan menang..hehehe!
adzsha said…
Je: best giler taktik mak ko..naper mak aku xbuat mcm tue eh..confirm bankrup..

Nad: aku pun bukan kaki meng'accessories'..tapi skali skala ok what..aku teman ko pegi tiffany's ok..