Am I intimidating?

Word of caution: This is a very me-me entry. So please forgive the sense of selfishness through out the entry =)

I’m a person with principle. But don’t get me wrong- I’m not implying here that I have strong principle nor what I believe is entirely true-but I do believe in what I think is right/appropriate and hold on to that.

However of late I find that sometimes I stick to my principle too strongly that it has made me a rather egoistic person a.k.a. stubborn. And oh yes, I think I got quite a strong instinct too that makes me think that I’m always right (which is of course not true!). So just imagine the consequences having both traits – a super egoistic me.

I’m critical especially when it comes to work- perhaps too much that some people might find me intimidating. (No prize of guessing why I’m still single!!). If I don’t agree with something, I feel very uneasy if I don’t speak back. But this only applies for subjects/things that I feel strongly about (thank God!). If I don’t regard it as something with significant importance- I’ll just let it pass.

I was caught in goodies bags' conflict!

This brings me to this particular incident that happened just now – where I got sort of blamed (I REALLY hate this too!) due to some misunderstanding/miscommunications. My superior expressed the ‘disappointment’ regarding that matter, but despite of shutting up and clear up the mess-quietly– I insisted on stating that I’d done what necessary - that it was not my fault.

But we still know how to have fun at work!

It was not that I’m trying to mengampu my superior, (in fact I used my as-the-matter-of-fact a.k.a. tegas tone) it’s just that I REALLY hate to be blamed/scolded when I ain’t doing any wrong. I guess everybody doesn’t like it- being the black sheep/scapegoat, but I’m not the type of person who will just swallow it and keep quiet. I will speak up-no matter to whom.

I don’t mind doing the job, but I feel that I have to say the truth, because even if it happened to be my mistake pun, I’ll admit it, seriously.
And I even find myself speaking up for the underdog. I can’t even see it happen to anyone else.

But I guess this is not all bad because I’m not afraid of admitting that I’m wrong as much as I’m brave enough to counter back-saying that I’m not wrong. Like I state earlier in my entry – I stick to my principle.

It’s not a really good thing, but I guess this is what makes me-ME.

Comments

rawsktar said…
weh.ada principle and stick to it adalah bagus daripada org yang takde principle mcm aku!!hahha.
~Je~ said…
Sayang...ko tak salah...
eh...apasal ko tukar blogskin nih? tak macam nadeema pun... hehehhe
Nadym said…
Anies - tertekan ler mcm nie,jd garang!!

Raject - sesaje jer tukar skin..buhsan..hikhik