Yey! I Won Him Over...

I was in a meeting juggling to keep my sanity intact while shooing away the lividness that been covering myself lately when this particular senior guy asked me “Dari J** you sorang je ke?”

I answered yes. He smirked and then uttered some words of sarcasm towards the organization I was representing (or was it to me?). Even if I’m very determined to retort back with an equally sarcastic way, somehow I just swallowed the words that I was nearly about to blurt out. I looked directly to him in the eyes instead, and gave him the sweetest smile that I can managed that time.

Yey! I thought I saw a hint of disappointment in him as he quickly turned his attention to someone else. He failed to put me down. Then the meeting started. However towards the end of the meeting he gave his second shot towards my organization (or was it me again?) even though it was totally irrelevant and for God’s sake we did have people from the other *****try as well in the meeting!

This time I was really at edge and than I thought back, this was not a professional discussion. Being an ego centric person as he always been, this was just the time for him to boast around. And no matter what I say or do, he just won’t listen or even care. So what’s the point of rebutting?

But I won’t give him the satisfaction of ‘winning’ that easily, so again I kept a cool exterior and flashed him the beamest smile as I clenched up my fist (under the table ler!).

It so happened that during the weekend I came across this article on “Standing Up to Sarcasm”. It says here that ‘sarcasm is actually the result of a person’s bitter feeling gone out of control, and we can take the higher road in dealing with them. Depending on the situation, we can react through the power of silence or humor, or direct confrontation'.

And I had chosen the former, because I just want to see how his sarcasm turned flat. And it did! It turned out like he was talking to a total dumb, or even a brick. And nobody else in the meeting actually give a damn about it. You should see his reaction – it was priceless!

Comments

Liz said…
kak nadeemaaaaaa....

wah, lama giler tak dgr cite akak!!!

akak kat mane skrg nie?
Anonymous said…
You go girl!!!!
Great!!!