Bergumbira di Malam Hari..

It’s been awhile since I last attended a dinner party. Oh, I’m so vain that I don’t really bother about socializing/mingling/networking with new people during the function, I just love to prim and preen – in other word, getting ready for the event.

These are the reasons why I love it:

(1) Usually I'm on the organizing part, so whenever we hold a dinner, hi-tea what-so-ever we couldn't really enjoy the food, performance etc because we had to be on-standy, making sure that everything is okay- kena kerja-lah!

(2) I love the process of deciding on what to wear for the event. Even if I don’t have a wardrobe full of fabulous clothes, hence there is not so not much of an option then, I just love the process.

(3) After finding the clothes to wear now comes the more exciting part - choosing (or sometimes even buy new) accessories to go with the attire and matching the shoes and purse.

(4) But that couldn't beat this best part -experimenting with the make-up. And because a dinner party is always about a celebration or special event, thus it gives me great excuse to go a little bit more with the intensity of the eye shadow and mascara!

**For me, the effort that we put in the whole process of getting ready for the event is our (the guests) way to show our respect to the organizer. It doesn’t mean that we had to get new attire every time and burn the hole in our pockets, all it needs is for us to put a little bit of thought and effort to look our best for the event.**

Last Tuesday a couple of people from The Office got the invitation to attend the Her World Women 2008 - Gala Dinner. This time around I was not really enjoy the getting-ready part because we came straight from the office - so no shower and we were still in the working mode. I also didn’t have enough time as I preferred to get ready for the dinner. The thing was I went to meet ML for a quick bite before that and it was so hard to say good-bye =). So I was left with only 15-minutes to get ready and perform the Maghrib prayer. I
t was my fastest-getting-ready record ever!

Anyway we managed to get to the Nikko Hotel on time. It was a small gathering for about 200 invitees - mainly the who’s who in the fashion/entertainment industry (and of course that didn’t include me-lah!). The décor was simple and sweet and they used the oblong table instead of the round ones. It was a neat arrangement but it was quite painful to turn our heads every time to look at the stage. I was not in the mood of mingling or networking so I just exchange pleasantries with the lady who sat next to me and sat there quietly, eating my dinner and enjoying the performances.

The highlight of the night was when Ivy Josiah was announced as the Women of the Year and Yvonne Foong claimed the Young Achievers award. I guess I should get the latter’s book – “I’m not sick, just a bit unwell”. The function ended early, at about 10 p.m. after the (faboulus) prize giving away to the winners. And yes, we got nice door gifts too - 50mL Estee Lauder Pure White Linen EDT in Pink Corals and Patchi chocolates.

But I regretted that I didn’t take any picture on that night, yelah pergi dengan boss and MFA walaupun ada Iphone duduknya di main table, tak sesuai nak ambil gambar kawan-kawan =). Rumbling to old photos of mine, this is what I wore that night- with different purse and shoes and style of tudung

Comments

Honeybun said…
Am i missing sumthing? who is ML? hahaha
marmalade said…
i somehow, don't like makeups. hehehe. i just don't like seeing my face being transformed into something else =) hahaha.
raject said…
May I have that Pink Coral plzzzzzz?
hehehehhehe...
Nadym said…
Honeybun - He's someone I'm seeing right now =)

Marmalade - I also don't like the kind of make-up that change your face, sampai orang dah tak recognize dah hehehe. But I prefer to use it to enhance the features aje hehehe

Raject - Boleh, moh join department aku hehehe