Plan Aborted

Initially I really look forward for today. I woke up feeling cheery, put on my best baju kurung, and I was soo glad that I had a good-skin day today. You see, I was supposed to attend this programme in Serdang later in the afternoon, thus, I had it all planned out-
3.00 – 6.00 pm - Programme in Serdang
6.00 pm onwards - Meet Hidayah a.k.a. HA (as I referred her to in my previous posts)
Afterwards - ML to join us.
Hidayah is my very good friend back to the days when both of us were freshies in UPM. Now she is pursuing her Ph.D in Japan and I haven’t seen her for quite sometimes, I guess since last February. So now, she is back in Malaysia for a short-one-week break and we hope to meet up at least once before I tie the knot. However, our schedules were incredibly crazy, and the fact that I live in Setapak and she resides in Dengkil made it more difficult for us to meet up more often.

So when I got this memo that I had to attend this programme in Serdang, I was so excited as I could arrange my work and personal schedule at the same time. And I would definitely feel bad if I could not make it since all this while Hidayah has always made it a point to keep in touch with me even if we are thousands miles apart.
Her persistence to always be in touch is the main thing help us to keep up our friendship till today. I guess I could say that we never grew apart despite of the distance and time factor. We constantly speak with each other over the phone (thanks to Skype!) to update about the going-ons in our lives, what we been through, current issues..practically everything under the sun! Hidayah is the friend that I could really confide about my feelings, fears, insecurites etc.. and she's a very good listener as well.
I don't have that many close friends, but I'm glad that I have her as my friend. Upon graduation, we lead our own lives. Whilst I jump into the working life, Hidayah completed her Master's Degree and we hardly see each other anymore after that, most of our communication is either through phone call or e-mail. But we made it a point to meet every now and then for a girls’ day-out.

Then she continues her studies in Japan and I joined this *TD scheme, which took up most of my time. However, being a dear friend, Hidayah never failed to keep in touch. We either spend hours on the phone, or writing long email to each other. Even when I was in a working trip to Taiwan and I was terribly home-sick by the second week, Hidayah kept me company by making the effort to call me at the hotel. So I guess she never missed anything that happens in my life.
******************
Back to my plan to meet up with her, around noon ML called to inform me that he won't be able to join us. Hmm..so I won't be able to introduce him to Hidayah then. So I had to cross out one thing from my 'mega' plan.
Then later in the afternoon, as I was about to leave to the office for Serdang, I got a last minute call to join a discussion in the office. I put my bag back on my desk and reluctantly, I told my other colleagues who were heading to the same event as well, to leave without me. So there goes my plan. My whole plan. To Hidayah, I'm really really sorry that I could not make it, I know you'll understand. "Rakyat didahulukan".

Comments

HA.. said…
No problem dear.. I understand that u are busy. InsyaAllah we will meet again when I come back in Msia for good - soon..
Please take care. Have a good rest, especially before your big day. Am looking forward to attend your wedding. Well, maybe not only attending, I would be glad to help out in my best friend's wedding :)