Tokyo Day 0 - The Right Stuff

Konnichiwa! =) I just came back from Tokyo last Thursday. Had been there for a week and came back the evening before Idul Adha.

Even if I do travel quite a lot, I still loathe packing. It is a long and tiring process, starting with doing a check list first. No matter where I go, near or far, for business or leisure, I will always start my packing by jotting down every stuff that I will bring along. My list will be as detail as what to wear on day one till the last. And by ‘what to wear’ it means the complete match of the shirt/work attire -pants/skirt-hijab-undergarment-set of brooches.

Owh yes, I’m never a light traveler. I will not taking any chance, thus I will bring every little thing that’s important for me- my own toiletries (complete with my own shower foam and loofah), stationery and of course my 3 in 1 – Rich Nescafe to get me going (this item is actually rank first in my check list!).

Even during DPA, I still rigidly adhere to my checklist that during the Army Training module as I was pulling my trolley bag to the camp, I heard one of the instructors said to us (or was it only to me?) “Kamu ni bawa peti ais sekali ke?”

Of course now that I’m married, I have tried to tone down a bit this habit of mine as I don’t want MH to see me as Cik Kepoh, but my ‘cover-up’ did not last for long =p. For this Tokyo trip I prepared my check list quite late; hence I only managed to start packing early in the morning whilst I was scheduled to head off to KLIA at 11 a.m. MH must be surprised to see how I ‘expertly’ lay all my clothes (BTW I had a must-bring and KIV clothes-just in case) and lots of other stuff that it occupied the whole living hall. And did I forget to mention that by packing it also include me trying some of the clothes on, especially if it was not the usual combo. I’m not sure with you guys, but I do feel better and lots more confident if I wear the ‘right’ attire. In fact, one of the first thing I notice upon meeting new people is what the wear - it says a lot about a person. It's not the matter of the price nor the brands that the person wears, but how he/she put it together, it shows that the person do care to look good for the meeting etc. Sloppy dress is a big no-no for me.

Okay, perhaps I should stop blabbing on my packing and focus in my trip instead =) I was so lucky that MH managed to took time off from work and sent me to the airport. Despite the limited time, we went to The Mall first to get a few things done (yes I procrastinate!). Then we dropped by at Rumah Kajang (my parents in law’s) since we had not meet them for about 2 weeks. Finally we arrived to KLIA just in time…sob sob sob..That was the hardest part. I used to think that I would not be that emotionally attached to anyone, I prefer my own company. But things are different with MH. Therefore, it was always difficult for me to say good-bye with MH-everytime. So, this was our first time being away from each other, sangat sedih…Anyway, we said our goodbyes-quick one to prevent me from crying and off I go!

Comments

husna said…
deema,
wait until u get your own kid... lagi emotionally attached..
Nadym said…
Of course lah kan...memang respect habis to all mommies esp working mommies.