365 Days of Summer

Last Monday marked exactly a year of our courtship. Yey! This is what I got for him for our anniversary. He always got me flowers sent to the office and this time it was his turn.
Sometimes I myself could not believe how far we'd been progressing within a period of a year. From the brief met during meetings at various places- KL, Putrajaya and even Sabah (where he finally approach me!), the not-so-frequent phone calls and text messages to touch base and a couple of dates later..we finally became steady on March 8 last year.

A couple of weeks after that, the talk about marriage came to surface and followed with meet-the-parents session which was a nerve wrecking one for me. The first time I was supposed to met his parents, I also ended up meeting the rest of the family which include 6 other siblings + spouses and 17 nieces and nephews!! For someone who came from a small family, I was over whelmed with the meet. Luckily, they held the gathering around a buffet dinner, so food was the centre of attention too, apart from me of course =)

Somehow I survived, and got a green light as well! With both our parents' approval we started making wedding arrangement immediately. It was actually his idea for us to get married last year. If it was entirely up to me, I would pick another time. To be frank I never thought that I would get married that soon, I had no planning at all. Even some of my friends didn't believe it too as the time was very short and they never got the chance to know that I was in a relationship. Tiba-tiba hantar kad jemputan!

Then it came to the part of picking the venue for our reception, finding the right date and all. At the end, my Mom and I didn't get the venue of our first choice- we were made to understand that we had to make at least a year booking to secure the place and yet we only got less than 4 months!! As fate had it, we found another venue, Dewan Tun Rahah @ Bukit Bintang and it turned out to be a great place which serve yummy food and excellent service. I highly recommended the place to everyone.

Alhamdulillah, almost 7 months after that we became hubby-wifey.....
and................
Insya Allah in 5 months' time we will become daddy-mommy!

Comments

rawsktar said…
wowwww. congratulationsss!
crushhio said…
tahniah, nadyms and azam!
raject said…
T.A.H.N.I.A.H!!!!!
marmalade said…
oh yay! congrats =)