The Day I Lost My Morning Smile

Even if I’m always perceived as a serious or garang person, I do love good jokes. But I’m picky too- that is why it is hard for me to laugh at any comedy shows even movies. I loathe at most of American comedies and find that the Brit's are a better lots.
And for some unknown reasons, I will not fail to laugh at Mr. Bean’s antics. Every time. No matter how many times it is being aired in the telly. Oh yes, I also loovveWhose Line Is It Anyway”, even if it is an ancient programme (90's era) and the talents are far from being hot. But they are the MOST talented and funny bunch of people I must say. They could create characters, scenes and song on the spot, and still funny like hell. (I just found out that the show was originally from Britain, see the Brits are funny!).

And speaking of local talent, I adore Din Beramboi. I still remember those days, back in the 90’s where my cousins-Yaya, Etty and I would sneak up in the room and listen to the ‘Pujaan Sirap’ cassette that we ‘borrowed’ from the former’s brother. I still remember us having a good time, laughing our heart out just listening to him.

But after the Ujang craze, he sort of disappeared and only making a comeback once in a while, featured in Afdlin’s film, until recently when he became the side-kick of Aznil in Riuh Pagi Era. And I started to listen to the radio back ever since. Just to hear at the silly jokes and snide remarks that he made to anyone anytime. He really had the guts to do so. And even he went overboard sometimes (who doesn’t?), I still finds him funny and witty and he really could make me smile every morning even as I was dealing with morning sickness, bad traffic, work stress etc.

And when it came to the days that he was not on air, I would listen for the re-run of his shows on air. I just had to listen to this crank. A daily dose of a good morning laugh to help me to get through the day. But this rare talent had left us today. There goes my morning dosage of a good laugh…Al Fatihah.

Comments

ska said…
morning sickness? ;)

congrats2.. :D
Nadym said…
Alhamdulillah, dah 22 weeks..thank you!