Membesar bagai johan

Good news first – I found out today that as a 29-weeks pregnant lady, I’m officially allowed to consume extra 200 calories a day to match my baby's growth spurt. (source: babycentre). Well, this is ONE good news that I can’t resist and has no qualms in obeying!

In fact, I realized since these couple of weeks, my appetite has grown REALLY big. I feel hungry almost all the time except at night. Last week was like major craving. The moment I woke up, I would feel a pang in my stomach - I need to be fed immediately! Yes, my little girl won’t wait! What did I do about it? I would took two slices of bread or fruits at home to alas perut. And through out my journey to work, I would imagine what to have for my real breakfast - Nasi Kerabu, Nasi Lemak Sambal Sotong, Fried Macaroni, Soto etc. In very extreme case of near starvation (yeah, this is exaggerating!), I would get my poor colleague to get my breakfast for me, so that the moment I reached my cubicle, I would be all set to eat!! Oh yes, I do snack to get through until lunch time.

Fortunately, I don’t have such a big appetite for lunch. Usually it would be beef soup or assam laksa. But I would still eat afterwards- be it cut fruits or crispy popiah, yummy!

As the result of this continuous food banging, I've grown really fast that now I dread to go near the scale! My bump is rapidly growing that I can’t see my toes anymore. Sometimes, I do need MH’s help to pull me out from the bed. Sebenarnya lebih kepada mengada-ngada tu.. I literally can’t see my toes anymore, clipping my own toenails is a tricky task now as well as putting on my socks every morning. Itu belum lagi dikira dengan komen masyarakat sekeliling yang meruntun jiwa contohnya ‘semangat ye badan’ dan lain-lain…huhuhu. Hey, I thought expecting ladies always get away with this putting-on-weight thing..

But for the last few days, I have vowed to eat more sensibly. I have to be in control especially when looking at all my baju kebaya that had been left untouched since my first trimester. I am very determined to fit back in those! And also here's the bottom line of the article from
babycentre that I mentioned earlier – “But the 200 calories is less than you think - it's the equivalent of two slices of wholemeal toast and margarine or butter, a jacket potato with an ounce of cheese, or one slice of cheese on toast”. Lorr, I guess it left me with nothing to celebrate!

Comments

marmalade said…
er, i am hungry most of the time. hahahahaahahah :)
adzsha said…
Girl ye? yay cute!

teringat plak dulu masa pregnant, terbgn around 4-5am sebab lapar..pegi dapur siap buat sandwich pastu tidur balik hehe

takpe mkn extra but dont over do it..my tip: pantang betul2..

n welcome back..i miss u n ur writings..