This Ain’t No Disco, It Ain’t No Country Club Either, This is LA!

As if travelling to U.S. is not long enough, my first trip took me longer. Here’s my itinerary: KL – Singapore (overnight) – Tokyo - LA - Washington. Basically it took us about 22 hours on flight and another 17 hours on the ground for transit. But then again, it took me almost a year to participate in this IVL Programme starting from the nomination, interview, and screenings at various levels up to completing the online visa application and finally be there.

Despite the claustrophobic experience in the U*ited Airlines flight, I look forward for the transit in LA as I got to meet my lil’ brother who’s staying there. Alhamdulillah the Immigration process went on smoothly, but I suspect that we spent a little bit more time at the counter than other people. No prize for guessing it’s because of the same issue. And because of the same thing, we'll be the same people who will get random body search at the security gate. Random sangatlah tu..

Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is one of the famous airports in the world, and there is even a TV programme about it – but I forgot the title. LAX is ranked sixth in the world for number of passengers and 13th in tonnage of air cargo handled. I arrived at Terminal 7, and surprisingly there’s nothing to shout about.

Sesaja nak proof dah sampai sini =)

With 5 hours transit time, my brother managed to get me out of the airport and gave a little tour around the city with his Mitsubishi Eclipse. Haruslah bergambar dengan kereta itu!

Seriously it was a sexy car
After a briyani lunch, he brought me to his alma mater – University of Southern California. Pardon me for my muka tak siap, seriously I did not have the chance to refresh at the airport plus jet lag too!

Mungkin signage tu can hide my buncit-ness =)

While we were strolling down the campus, we came across this baby hatch for people (?) to secretly leave their unwanted newborn to be put up for adoption. Safe House located at the LA Fire Department. This facility is equivalent to our own which was launch recently and manned by OrphanCARE. Is this another Malaysia Boleh spirit? I don’t think so...
It's sad to see people actually have the heart to do this

Oh yes, here's a pic of me and my lil' bro as I was passing him the Maggi Kari Letup. The pic and caption were from his fb. Hillarious!

1Malaysia 1Dunia: Prihatin - Pegawai Kementerian Pembangunan Wanita, Keluarga dan Masyarakat (kiri) menyampaikan bantuan kemanusiaan kepada seorang musafir di perantauan (kanan), semasa lawatan rasmi beliau ke Amerika Syarikat.

Comments

rawsktar said…
tahniah nadyms! pregnant dah :)