Teori Konspirasi yang Basi

Somebody said something that really hurt last week. My colleague and I were so upset that we could not say anything at all to rebut. I guess it was a good thing though that I did not say a word about it, because that person was so caught up with his/her own imagination of ‘there’s-a-conspiracy-to-nail-him/her-down’.

I just can’t believe it. I guess we were the most supportive people of him/her here, always try to make things right so that the person won’t get into trouble etc., and yet that person believes that we were actually planning to bring him/her down? That’s oblivious!

I don’t know about other people, but when I do my job, I will not just do it because the boss asked me to or what. I will put all my effort to ensure the quality of the job that I produce. And I do it strictly due to the personal satisfaction. A good, well researched paper with neat alignment, font, consistency and all can make me feel good. No other reason than that, definitely not to suck up the bosses atau pun nak jatuhkan or sabotaj sesiapa.

I don’t intent to blow my own trumpet; but most of the time the bosses appreciate and recognize my work. Even one time my former DG told me that she is very confident with the quality of work that I produced that she did not have to scrutinize much on the content.

I never expect for such appreciation, but it feels good that other people appreciate the effort that I have put into. However, being a sort of ‘trustable’ person, it means that you will get extra work and new assignments, which mainly not even within your job scope. Initially, I have no complaint on this, as I took it as a challenge and definitely it is far more interesting to take up such task rather than a routine job day in-day out.

Having said that, this also means you have to put up with unreasonable expectations and you will need to sacrifice a lot on your personal life – you can kiss goodbye to weddings, outings, family gatherings bla bla bla. And you’re expected to be on-call 24/7 walaupun kerja bukanlah dalam skim kritikal. MC doesn't mean anything as you are still expected to answer the calls. The best part is that you will also be the first yang akan kena marah direct from the bosses, marah yang kaw-kaw punya should things went wrong. Sangat stress bila keadaan ini berlaku.

But most people don’t see this other side. What they see is this person is the boss’ pet, namanya selalu disebut, selalu dapat travel opportunity (as some put it- makan angin), etc. Part kena marah, kena kerja lewat, weekend semua orang lain tak nampak.

Adat manusia, adalah yang kurang berpuas hati dengan kita kalau keadaan macam tu. I can still accept that, walaupun hati ni sakit juga dengan snide remarks yang diterima. But now I realized that I really can’t stand those who are intimidated and feel inferior about the whole thing and decided that people like us actually ada komplot untuk menjatuhkannya. Theory of conspiracy? I don’t think so, we are g********t SERVANTS for God’s sake. Conspiracy, sabotaging will not make us a master. We are still YANG MENURUT PERINTAH, as long as we are in the service. So what the hell with menjatuhkan/ sabotaj semua ni? Tolonglah berfikiran positif dan bersih for once! No more pHD-perasaan hasad dengki please!!

Comments

marmalade said…
it is very difficult (and impossible) to satisfy everyone else. so i suggest, satisfy those who will be your penilai pertama and kedua. hahahahahahahaha.
rawsktar said…
fuhhh. bawak bertenang. eh kalau aku kat nadyms, aku dah mencarut2 dh kt blog. bagus2 ko ni. tabah!
raject said…
keep up u good work!!
abaikan je org itu... kalau rasa nk screw sape2, ajak aku... kita g shopping kat jln tar, screw dompet kita... nak?
Nadym said…
Mala : Erm..part tu susah sikit nak komen hahahaha

Aness : Aku kena bersabar, kalau tak nanti baby dalam perut ni ikut muka depa pulak =p

Raject: Nak gi shopping pun dah tak larat dah ni, badan dah macam ikan paus!