Tora Datang Lagi!!

Sesaja je pinjam tagline iklan cikedis zaman dulu-dulu.The fact is I’m referring my condition right now with what I had experience during my first and second trimesters.

I’m now almost in my 36-week and Alhamdulillah, so far I’ve been through quite a smooth sailing pregnancy except for a moment during my 4th week when I found a few blood spots while using the bathroom. That resulted me being prescribed with Duphaston, but luckily it was only for a while.

Having said that, like any expecting mothers I do experience some discomforts through-out my journey to motherhood. Kalau tak experience langsung, tak lah mengandung namanya, kan? And if I have to name ONE thing that causes me real uneasiness during my pregnancy, it is severe heartburn/gas. I had actually over the bloated/heartburn/gassy phase since my 6-month. With the disappearance of such nuisance, I had a very good appetite and resulted in me whopping about 10kg in a couple of months. Ha ha ha, I feel like a whale right now!

However, the gas-free period did not last very long, hence the title 'Tora Datang Lagi.' It came back and this time it is even worst that no amount of charcoal tablets, Gaviscon and ginger ale could help. I literally can’t do anything because it is really uncomfortable. I feel very miserable and down..huh uh huh. This is not good for my well being and the baby too!

Anyway, the good news is that I found the best way to beat the discomfort. And it is by working in the kitchen. Seriously! If some expecting mothers could not stand the smell or let alone do the cooking, I'm quite different, I cook the most during my pregnancy. But at this third trimester, cooking seems to be the only therapy that works for me!

A few weeks ago, I had a major heartburn/gastritis that I was down for 4-days. On the fourth day, I decided that I had enough and felt very bad for not doing anything at all for almost a week-I felt so helpless. So that evening, I wanted to whip up something in the kitchen for dinner. But since it was still quite early to start on the dinner, I decided to bake some chocolate cookies first.

I was like the Energizer Bunny in the kitchen, finding back the scale, mixer and loyang (dah lama sangat tak buat kuih!), whisking and all. I was so preoccupied with the task that I did not feel any discomfort at all! A few filled-up cookies jars later, I started preparing the dinner. Biasa-biasa aje, spaghetti bolognaise and mushroom soup. And hey, it made me feel really good afterward!

And it did not stop there. The next day, after lunch, while MH took his afternoon nap , I slipped to the kitchen and make this – macaroni bakar. I never made this before, so excited jugalah.

The only problem with this newly found therapy is I could not do it in the office hahaha. Unlike during my early trimesters, where all the office work would make me forgot about the discomfort, this time around it is only cooking that could make me feel better. I guess my baby prefers me to slave behind the stove rather than the computer!

Comments

adzsha said…
OMG macaroni bakar itu sgt sedap!!!
n keep on cooking..btw, im one of those pregnant ladies who cant stand d smell of whatever cooking n cooking..
je said…
yes yes yes...sorang lg tukang masak telah dilahirkn... tahniah!!! hehe... bersalun nnt jgn upa bgtau ek...
adzsha said…
oh ya, need to get myself a scale..

raject: apa bersalun tu? hehe
Kak Aya said…
dah beli set bersalin? kalau perlukan set bersalin nr, boleh emel je, ada free gift.
Nadym said…
Lin & Raject: Saya budak baru belajar memasak...hehehe. Awal2 dulu nak goreng mee pun kena refer kat mak. Bersalun tu agaknya melawa kat salun selepas bersalin? Lin ko benchmark aku, nak kurus juga lepas bersalin!