The Journey Begins...Part III

August 6, 2010, 1.00 pm ~ I was in the Recovery Room. There were two other patients inside, so I got the middle bed. Not my preferred location though. As soon as I started to make myself comfortable in there, a nurse came in to gave Enema. A few moment later another nurse came to put in the drip to ensure the continuity of the contraction. Then, the previous nurse came in to check on the dilation and subsequently she broke the water bag. Ya Tuhan!! How embarassing to be poked here and there, especially down there! Sakit memang sakit, tapi malu lebih-lebih lagi!! Syukur juga semua staff di sini wanita, sekurang-kurangnya kurang sikit rasa malu tu..
A few hours had passed. Member katil sebelah yang dok mengerang sakit dari tadi dah masuk labour room. Tinggal lagi seorang on my left. Myself? Tak rasa apa-apa sangat lagi, cuma sakit macam period pain, still bearable. Macam tu ke sakit contraction? When the nurse came in to check on me, she was surprised because the contraction was strong according to the CTG and the hardness of my bump, tapi saya masih selamba dan boleh buat macam-macam aktiviti untuk isi masa. Mengaji sikit-sikit, borak dengan MH atau my Mom yang bergilir-gilir menemankan di wad. Penat bersembang, baca novel pula. MH pun sibuk ke sana sini layan keluarga dan kawan-kawan yang datang menziarah. Dah tak tau nak buat apa sangat, MH pasang lagu dari BB dia..layan...

Later in the evening the Doctor came in to check on the progress. It was almost 5 p.m. and yet only 2 cm dilated! Lambatnya!! Tambah risau bila terdengar member katil sebelah kena Cesarean because she was only 4 cm dilated and yet the baby was already distess. So she had to undergo the C-sec for the sake of the baby. I started to feel restless, lebih-lebih lagi when I saw some brownish/yellowish stuff on my pad. Baby dah buang air ke? That was a sign of distress! Ya Allah, mohon dipermudahkan urusanku...

~to be continued~

Comments