A Note to the 30-Years Me

I hit the big '3' on January, or as some nicely put it, I'm now belong to the three-series club. Entering a new decade, of course I aspire to be a better person, in every possible way - a better wife for my husband, a better daughter to my Mom, a better Mom for my darling Adeelia, a better daughter-in-law to my parents-in-law, a better friend to my buddies, a better contributor to my organization and towards our target group, and undeniably a better Muslim.

But of course I'm not a super woman, and far from being a perfect person. Depending on the time and situation, I can be quite unpredictable at times. But I guess, as a 30-year old, I have to be more consistent in my undertaking, more mature and I would like to see myself projecting a calm and collected demeanour =).

So as a reminder to myself, here are some of the things that I would like to tell my 30-years self:

1. Fat is good ~ if only you're referring to your bank account! So save up MORE consistently. And lose up those UNNECESSARY fat around your waistline!

2. Just do it! ~ don't over-analyze everything, all the time. There are times when you should let your heart rules your head. Once in a while, put down of your guard and go dancing in the rain!

3. Pick-up the dail and make that call! ~ You are such a loving person, but you find it hard to express it. If you want to say something to someone, want to know the happenings in their lives, don't hesitate to make the call and talk to them. There will never be a perfect time to do so. Tell the person that you care for them, you think about them, because obviously they can't read your mind.

4. It's okay not to be in control, all the time ~ You can't be doing everything, everytime. You'll be taken for granted and eventually you will lose your appeal over time. So, learn to let go of something, even only for a while, then sit back and relax. Cherish the moment.

5. Don't procrastinate ~ enough said. Get things done NOW!

6. Go green ~ Reduce your ecological footprint. Make reduce, reuse and recycle as your mantra.

7. Work for change ~ Your compassion is your best attribute. So, no matter what, don't ever give-up or let others to dampen your spirit. Channel those negativity to a positive one. You can make a difference in this world, or at least to someone else's life.

8. Strive for balance ~ Set reasonable goals for yourself and most importantly, learn to say No. You matters. Pursue your interest, do what you want to do and more me time. Life is too short to be living someone else's.

9. Look your best ~ When you look good, you feel good. So take better care of your health, skin and body. Choose a healthier lifestyle for you and your family.

10. Be passionate about life ~ Don't let the time passes you by just like that. Make every moment count. Choose the issues that most concern and compel you, get involved, and relish the joy that such generosity brings to yourself and others.

11. Don't fret over little-petty things or people ~ they certainly not worth it.

I strive to lead a balance, healthy and happy life that lets me to live joyfully, enthusiastically, and compassionately.

Comments