The birth of our lil' Prince

Someone wants to say "Hi!"
 
"Hi everybody!"
Introducing our second born, Aydeen! The picture was taken fresh from the oven =) Doesn't he look just like his sister, Adeelia?
Adeelia 1-day old
Aydeen was born on a quiet Friday morning - 30th November 2012.  I had went for my antenatal check-up that Thursday morning and my gynae estimated that I will deliver in 1-2 days time. So I went back home and had my PIL came over for lunch. My MIL who is an experienced midwife said that I didn't really has the labour signs yet - no oily nose and 'perut belum turun ke bawah'. So relax lagilah...
 
After they left, I cleaned up a little and as I was about to perform the Zuhur prayer, I felt some kind of pain at my abdomen. It was like a menstrual cramp. I thought that was because I had been so active for the last few weeks.
 
You see, November 2012 was the busiest time for our family. First of course, about the house renovation that was at its peak during that time. Besides monitoring the progress almost daily, we also need to run here and there to get everything and there were many more decisions to be made. Then, we were also the host for Majlis Mahabbah Keluarga Haji Hamzah. It was a new family tradition set by MH’s side where every sons and daughter will take turn to be the host of the bi-monthly family gathering. And of course it was my brother's wedding on November 24th. Alhamdulillah, everything went well.
 
Then, the night before the scariest thing happened to us. Adeelia got a seizure and was rushed to the Emergency. Alhamdulillah, she was okay after the Emergency treatment but we were told to monitor her condition and body temperature every few hours.

I thought the pain was because I overworked myself, so I took a nap to re-charge. But after I woke up, the pain was even stronger. I tried not to worry about it by making myself busy around the house. But that night the pain was stronger and around 10 p.m. I saw the blood spot. Barulah tau yang sakit-sakit tu sebab nak bersalin =) Sebabnya, bersalin pertama tu induced, so masa pergi hospital tu memang tak rasa apa-apa tanda. Tapi masih lagi bertenang time tu. I told my Mom and MH about it. But I took my own sweet time to go to the hospital. Sempat mandi, kemas bilik, tukar cadar dalam 11 lebih baru ke hospital. Sampai hospital, nurse check dan dia estimate dalam pukul 8 -9 esok pagi baru bersalin. Siap tanya nurse kalau boleh balik rumah dulu hehehe, of course not. So kenalah admit malam tu. Bila masuk ke waiting room sebelum ke labour room rasa seriau sikit. Pengalaman lalu menggamit diri, cewah. Of course akan rasa cemas kalau dah terbaring atas katil tu sebab like every pregnancy, every delivery can be different too. Dalam hati tak putus-putus berdoa agar segalanya selamat...

For the first few hours semuanya tenang je di wad tu. Then the contraction became stronger. From every 10 minutes, now every 2-mins. Serious, time bersalin Adeelia dulu tak rasa sakit contraction macam ni, even if people said induce lagi sakit rasa contraction nya. Mula-mula zikir, sebut Allah lembut-lembut. Kemudian makin kuat pula, sebab makin sakit. Yang kelakarnya, boleh dengar member sebelah katil pun tengah tahan sakit sebab lama-kelamaan suara dia berzikir pun makin keras hehehe.

Around 2.30 a.m. MH came to check on me because husband is not allowed to wait in the ward. Masa tu memang dah tak senang duduk dah. Contraction memang sangat sakit okay. Dah tak macam period pain dah. It felt like something explode in your stomache. What happened next was a little bit of drama. I guess every delivery was like that..hehehe. Aydeen was safely delivered at 3.40 a.m.  It was a  fast and smooth delivery, alhamdulillah. It was so fast that MH and I needed a few moments to actually digest the fact that we are now parents of two! So, Adeelia is now a Kak Long!

Comments

marmalade said…
congratulations to both of you! :)
ingatkan your son was delivered on my birthday because the post was dated on 5 february haha.

but takkanla sempat nak berblogging pulak kan kalau betul delivered on the 5th! hehe.