Pop Corn Night: Pacific Rim yang MeRIMaskan

Before I elaborate any further about this movie that I recently watched, I have to admit that I'm not an avid movie-goer. Most of the time, MH and I went the cinema just because we had some extra time to sparewhich was not easy to find if you have small kids =)
 
Our recent watch was 'Pacific Rim' by Guillermo del Toro. It was totally a random pick, as the show time was convenient and the requested seats were still available when we got the tickets. Basically the movie was about human defending our dear planet from being occupied by the monsters from the Pacific Sea. The monsters, 'Kaiju' (Japanese for terminator, if I'm not mistaken) were so powerful that the world need massive robot/weapon to fight it. It took a global effort to build that super robots called 'Jaegers' that were simultaneously operated by two human pilots using neuro-bridge or something.
 
If I need to describe the movie in a simpler version, all I can say it was like watching the 'Ultraman' in English. Yes, 'THE' Ultraman from our childhood, but with bigger budget, hence the cool CGI effect. The human robots, the gigantic monsters and of course the mega destruction of the major cities in the world, really reminded me of our dear ol' Ultraman.
 
If that was not enough, just take a look of these photos....
 
Google Image

Google Image
The first photo was of 'Knife Head', one of the Kaijus (that is what the monstrous creatures being called in this film). And the latter, was 'Geo Shark' from Ultraman. See the resemblance? Was 'Knife Head' was 'inspired' from 'Geo Shark'? I'm not sure, but it so happened that I just watched this episode of Ultraman fighting with Geo Shark with Adeelia (yes, I don't know why but she loves Ultraman!) recently. So when I went to see the Pacific Rim, I was like, "Eh hampir samalah raksasa dia!"
 
Do I need to say more?

Comments