Sole Searching

I used to be a shoe collector. Once upon a time, I got a pair of golden round-toe pump, a super high peep-toe pump in neon and a grey platform that was almost impossible to walk on in my possession =)  

But motherhood has changed me. I got too complacent wearing flats during my pregnancy that I decided to stay with the style throughout life after pregnancy.

But I still need the heels for the office and special events. However, post pregnancy, I found that I can’t really wear heels anymore...sob..sob. The most I could go with super high heels nowadays were 3 to 4 steps before my leg and back start to ache.

My 'disability' to walk in high heels had made me ‘closer’ to comfort shoes like Clarks, Snowfly and Scholl. They are all great, but my 2 major dilemma with these comfort shoes are:

(1) DESIGN
It is really hard to find the right design. I mean, they are undoubtedly comfortable, however it was hard to find one that gives us the right combo of 'comfortness and attractiveness'. You see, most of the comfort shoes are quite conservative in terms of design and colour. And we girls really know how a pair of shoes could change our mood right? I mean they are okay for work, but I definitely don't want to look 'aunty' during a night out, or at special events. It's all about the glitz and glamour baby! *Konon* 

And for a person with the unfortunate combo of wide feet + tendency to trip over one's own feet (I could stumble even on the flattest surface!) like me, the search for the RIGHT pair of shoes are even more difficult.


(2) PRICE
And, even if we managed to find the RIGHT design (that was already a big achievement!), another major drawback is the price. Rockport pumps for instance are great, sexy and youthful, but price-wise, alamak!! And I think that no woman would stick with only one pair of great shoes. 

We NEED one for work that makes us look reliable, professional, could boost up our confidence when enduring the all-important-meeting and yet comfortable enough to be walked-in all-day while we were struggling with deadlines, tonnes of reports etc. 

And then we definitely need one great pair for a dinner and movie-date that gives us that I'm-cool-don't-try-too-much-an-yet-sexy look. We also definitely need a fun-girlish pair for a fun outing or shopping spree with the girls. 

Talk about social functions, of course we need a stylish perhaps luxury pair for the black-tie event, one more humble-and-yet-still-got-a-bling for a kenduri kahwin and not forgetting a very important one for casual outings where a lot of running around after the kids are expected. 

See? A great pair of shoes is a necessity! It's like a trusty BFF that are always there for us, that makes everything right (even if they are not!), to give us the much needed support and to lift up our moods when we are down. 

My point here is that, with that so many pairs that we need, it is almost impossible to spend so much for a pair of good shoes, when you need, let say, 10 of them! I understand that the price are so much cheaper if we buy it from overseas, but then again, to find the perfect match, we need to try it on. To find if the cutting and size fit your feet nicely.

So the search of the right pair of shoes will never ends. It could be a daunting task that I prefer to do the sole-searching alone, no rush for time, no pressure at all.

Therefore, I'm really excited whenever I stumble upon a great deal: a decent looking-comfortable shoes that doesn't cause a dent in my wallet. 

Here is one of my sole-searching story that happened last year. I was some-what outta my mind for choosing to wear a anklet high heels boots for a meeting in KL when I know a lot of walking on the uneven pavement will be needed. And now please meet this the beauty-in-pain that I mentioned earlier. It was from Charles & Keith and I got it at Johor Premium Outlet for under RM50! What a steal! 
Okay, back to my story, prior to the meeting, we had lunch at SOGO and I knew that I would never be able to walk out to get across the road (to the building where I was suppose to have a meeting) in that shoes. So, I frantically went to search for a cheap substitute. Frankly speaking, I didn't really have high hopes on it. I often spend so much time and effort to buy shoes and yet ended up empty handed. So this time around, my main objective was to find a pair of decent shoes that was enough to bring me to the next building safely. 

I tried a few pairs. Not comfortable. Ugly. Too pricey. I almost gave up and then, I saw these two beauties: 



Here what I love about the shoes. I love the colours. I love the design. I love how it fits my wide feet nicely. I love the comfy cushion that it got inside. I love the height - it was just nice, not too low and not too high. And most importantly I love the price. It were on 50% marked down from its original price, and it costs me only RM62 per pair!! That was why I got two, even if I only need one to bring me to the building across the road because it would be really hard to find such a good bargain in the future! The whole process took me about 10-minutes. 

I found my perfect match, my sole-mate!! =)

Comments