Getting Back on The Right Track

When I finally got the time to post something on the much abandoned blog, but I spent most of it to update the lay-out 😂. Well, I have so much to share here - about my opinion on things around me, about my feelings, about the places that I had visited, but somehow I did not manage to start it or to be exact, to finish it.  

Well, to my defence, I did wrote a few posts. But it all got stuck in the draft section and not being published - just yet. I don't particularly know the real reason for the delays. I am a procrastinator, that is for sure. But I don't really have the answer on why I did not proceed to finish the post nor why don't I just post the finished ones at all.

Deep down inside, I think the reason for me holding back is because I am not very sure about the direction of this blog anymore. I started it off with the main objective to be my creative outlet - for me to share about my thoughts and feelings, hence the blog description 'the unspoken thoughts'. Being an introvert, it is very important for me to have this channel where I can express myself with ease. 

However, as I go on, I got trapped in this fad. I yearned for attention from the general public. Hence, I became more conscious about the stuff that I write and how I write it. I was more concerned about the style of writing, to be grammatically correct, to 'sound' more hype rather than focusing on the content. I started writing for other people rather than myself. 

Then I started to loose it - the interest to write at all because it started to be tedious. Writing on this blog which was supposed to be my therapy had become a burden once I started to write to impress. And like most aspects of my life, I had chosen to ignore it, rather than dealing with it. Until now. 

So I decided to get back to writing, at my own pace with my own style - for better or for worse. I will start writing for myself and if others find it worth reading, it would be a bonus. And we'll see what would happen from there.

Truly,
Nadym
Never forget the reason why you write!

Comments